יום שלישי, 29 בנובמבר 2011

ten days can sure make a difference

So, i backed (haha) home.
home? 
yes, home.
i missed it. missed my routine, missed the job, missed my apartment, missed my friends.

we had the Jewish agency conference. a weekend in a hotel looks like it was the location for shooting "The Shining". the carpets, moldy rooms and everything. or how they will say:  "Here's Johnny" i was still a bit sick, but you know what? if to be sick, be sick while in a hotel with all of your friends taking care of you.

Monday we went to NYC!
what can i say? NY NY, it's a hell of a town!
we started the urban week by going to Philly, which isn't NY but was fun.
i had a lot of insights this week.
what can you do in a week? how much can you plan and how much you leave life to just happen to you?
what are the things that are important to me? what can i give up and just go with the flow?
where do i feel calm? what makes me exited?
can i really listen to me?

for the last one at least i got an answer. i can.
some stuff we planed and went well other stuff we didn't plan and sucked. and the other way around as well.
but eventually, i had an amazing week. i walked around a lot, experienced an american culture, drank Goldstar, spent time with friends from here and then, from there and now, i made new friends, laughed, cried and mainly enjoyed. felt like Alice in Wonderland here and there.

so, my somewhat of understandings from this week:
- i'm going to purchase myself a pair of skates for Ice skating.
- i need a go-to place here in the city. somewhere that will make me feel calm.
- gotta have a purpose. and if you don't have one, go to Luci.
- i love my routine
- i didn't gain weight (not too much)
- i miss my life in Israel but know i'm doing good here
- money comes and money goes (that's not new, but true)
- when in a foreign country, get a local phone
- friends are there for you to use them and be useful to them. when it's real friendship you will never feel used.

and the most important one- SMILE!

אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה