יום שני, 26 בספטמבר 2011

This is going to be a long one

I have so much to write!

first- the "Talk Israel" initiative. that went well. not many people but there were some good conversations going on. some students came for the free coffee and bamba. some students came to challenge us. beside that there were two Moslem women with a baby, one Palestinian and one anti-Zionist Jew. 
beside the actual event i think it was a learning process. I met with students, i learned how to plan an event and i actually learned some new words like Vendors.
I'm glad it went well  and now it's over, i can start working! ;)

well, not so soon. first, we had a retreat. another thing i learned the hard way what exactly it means.
it was a good time, i just got to a point in the last morning i can't speak right. English i mean.
if to quote me: "someone made smore's and the light went on..."
yeah, i made smore's!! for those of you who aren't aware of this magnificent wonder- it's a cracker with a chocolate cube and a burned marshmallow on top, topped with another cracker.  they call them "smore's" cause when you eat it, you want to have some more!!


coming back from the retreat made me miss home a little bit. it might be the fact i'v been here for almost two months. it might be the fact we are having so many events i don't have time to create my own life. maybe i just wanted to pour my soul to friends. 
i'm having my moments of crises, feeling alone from time to time. but i'm deciding every day to make it a good day and try finding myself here instead of looking on other places. it is going to be home for a while... 

in the mean time i met with Adam that came from Israel with a delivery from my mom! so nice to get some שקדי מרק before winter, and even though i don't like chocolate that much, the מקופלת was the best thing i ever had! 
we went to see an "Arcade Fire" free concert on the street. i just love this city! they appreciate every day it's not snowing or freezing so every sunny day is a reason to celebrate!

today was the first time i went to the gym. kickboxing kick ass! i love it!
and then i came back and cooked myself a nice dinner : fish and potatoes (my healthy version of fish & chips)
loved it.

my so called life. not too bad.
  


אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה